Dr. Fracchia is a board-certified Urologist by the American Board of Urology. A graduate of UMD-New Jersey Medical School he trained at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York and at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Fracchia is Past President of the New York Section of the American Urological Association. Dr. Fracchia was the Program Director and Chairman of Urology at Lenox Hill Hospital for 25 years from 1983 to 2008. Dr. Fracchia is Clinical Professor of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Attending Urologist at Lenox Hill Hospital and the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He founded the practice in 1979 and is currently practicing at 245 East 54th Street.
- General Urology
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
- Urologic Oncology
- Kidney/Ureteral Stones
Education & Training
- UMD-New Jersey Medical School (Medical School)
- North Shore University Hospital (General Surgery Residency)
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital (Urology Residency)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (General Surgery & Urology Residency)
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Board Certifications and Memberships
- American Board of Urology
- Board of Directors of the American Urological Association – Honorary Member 2016*
* In 2016, the Board of Directors of the American Urological Association (≥ 16,000 members worldwide) conferred Honorary Membership on John A. Fracchia, MD. According to the AUA, this is an honor bestowed on the few (<100 living) whose diligence and commitment surpasses the AUA’s greatest expectations. Honorary Membership is reserved for scientists who have achieved outstanding prominence in a field of medicine related to Urology, Officers of the Association, and/or distinguished Urologists.